Friday, March 21, 2014

Homemade Ultimate Face and Body Lotion!

Homemade Ultimate Face and Body Lotion!

In my mind, this is the ultimate lotion, not only for hands and body, but for the face also!  I have combined, to the best of my knowledge, the best of the best in this latest creation, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Macadamia Nut Butter, Coconut Oil, Jojoba Oil, and Aloe Vera Oil. The benefits of these ingredients for your skin, in my opinion, cannot be beat.  I would use this lotion as a lighter day time face moisturizer, especially for under make-up.  Here we go:

  • Shea Butter - The benefits of Shea Butter for the skin are many. The traditional use of the butter is to reduce the appearance of fine lines, stretch marks and scars, and to ease many skin irritations, such as psoriasis, eczema and sunburn. "Shea butter not only demonstrated anti-inflammatory benefits, but one compound, lupeol cinnamate, also prevented tumor development in a carcinogenesis test, a procedure in which cancer cells are literally "grown" in a culture dish." (Source: National Geographic) 
  • Cocoa Butter - Cocoa Butter is a rich butter that is made by pressing roasted seeds of the cacao tree. Cocoa butter has been around a long time, for centuries in fact. Africans have used it for hundreds of years for moisturizing, healing and protecting their skin against damage caused by sun and wind. Cocoa butter has been known to treat eczema and dermatitis. 
  • Macadamia Nut ButterMacadamia nut butter acts as a very comfortable moisturizer because it is easily absorbed into the skin and does not leave greasy residue. Instead, macadamia nut butter is velvety as it absorbs into the skin, unlike many other types of butters, that take longer to absorb and leave a heavier feeling. This butter can be used on all skin types, from infants to the elderly. Macadamia nut butter provides the skin with anti-aging benefits. Macadamia nut butter may provide healing due to its anti-inflammatory properties. The butter is a moisturizer and it softens the skin, and is also helpful in healing mild wounds.
  • Coconut Oil - For skin it is a moisturizer, antibiotic, multivitamin, multi-nutrient, anti-aging, anti wrinkle and an anti-oxidant. Coconut oil provides deep and real moisture. It helps strengthen underlying tissues and helps remove excessive dead cells on the skin's surface that makes your skin rough and flaky in texture, making it perfect for virtually every part of your face and body.
  • Aloe Vera Oil - I think we all know the amazing benefits of the aloe vera plant.  This oil consists of the extract from the aloe leaf combined with soybean oil as a carrier.  Aloe vera can promote healthier skin. Aloe researchers also report that aloe can hydrate through three epidermal layers of the skin when used topically. Aloe provides the benefit of driving nutrients into the deeper layers of the skin, which promotes epidermal health. 
  • Jojoba Oil - Jojoba oil is thought to act as a moisturizer & emollient agent to improve skin elasticity and suppleness. It contains natural Vitamin E to minimize oxidation. Penetrates quickly - one of the “driest“ natural oils available.  Jojoba, when applied to the skin, is an emollient, which soothes the skin.  A natural emollient, jojoba oil's similarity to sebum allows it to absorb easily and readily into your skin, making it a gentle, skin-softening moisturizer for all skin types. 


Carpe Diem! Lil and Bill

7 comments:

  1. Is there a recipe for this lotion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. There is a plethora of recipes on the internet. I encourage you to find out what your skin responds to, and then adapt a recipe to what you need. I listed in this post the ingredients that I felt were most beneficial for me, then adapted a recipe using these ingredients. The basic recipe I got from a DIY video on Youtube some time ago.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your response I wanted to try your blend of oils it sounds wonderful,but I wasn't sure of the ratio and if there are other ingredients. Can you direct me to a link for the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anonymous, Thank you for your interest in this blog and its products. After some considerable research, I have finally found the Youtube video that first inspired my homemade lotion. The link to that video follows: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lylREtvDBHg I hope you find the information you are looking for there. Enjoy your journey!

      Delete
  3. Genevieve Dallon4/12/2017 08:03:00 PM

    I have searched far and wide for a body/face lotion that works for me. At last, I have found it! This lotion is wonderful. It feels so nice to put on, it smells delightful, and my skin is always soft and smooth when I use it! I have friends and family who agree! Would certainly recommend to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This stuff is the bomb! My face has never felt silkier or looked smoother. I truly love the amazing fresh scent and the all natural ingredients, this is especially important because I have sensitive skin and OTC products tend to make me break out. I would highly recommend this Ultimate Face and Body Lotion to anyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the input! So glad you are enjoying this product. There is a new product, our Revitalizing Night Cream you may want to try. I believe you will find it to be a wonderful cream to use at night while using the Ultimate Face and Body Lotion in the morning and under makeup.

      Delete

We love reading your comments! Thanks for visiting!