Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Tree Down, Fence Down!

As I was leisurely looking out the back window this morning, my eyes fell on something unfamiliar looking.  Upon further examination, we discovered that one of our pine trees had given up a few of its branches, right on top of our fence!


Right onto the fence!


The guys, Bill and my brother-in-law, Jim, got right to getting it all cleaned up.


Formulating a plan!


We didn't know how long it had been down, but upon review of the photos of the big snow we had on February 26th, we saw that they had been down that morning.  The snow must have weighed down the branches too much for it to bear.  It appears that the fence will be in dire need of repair.

The three limbs after Jim cleaned them up with a chain saw

When they went out to begin the clean-up, I was busy in the kitchen making some banana cream pie with some bananas Bill had bought at a great reduced price.  So, by the time I was able to get out to check out the damages, they had it all but finished.  Loading up the pick-up was all that was left to do.


Here's Jim, getting the job done!

Just let me take this opportunity to say that as far as I'm concerned, Jim can stay forever!  What a help he has been to Bill (and me too) with so many projects on the farm.  As I write this, they have already moved on to the pasture fence project which they have been working on, weather permitting, since he arrived at the beginning of February.  So much hard work!  But, that's another post.

When I look out there now, it doesn't look like anything happened. Here's a photo I took of the fence section after they removed the branches and unbent the fence, before they had fully cleaned up the branches.  It looks as good as new!  I actually had to ask which section of the fence had been crushed, I couldn't tell!

All done, and as good as new!

Another day on the farm, never a dull moment, and always something to do.

Carpe Diem! Lil and Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love reading your comments! Thanks for visiting!