Friday, June 12, 2015

Something Old Is New Again


In need of some tender loving care!

When we finished our pergola last fall, I wanted to throw away our old, faded, and battered glider.  The joints were coming apart, and I was afraid to let anyone sit on it.  Since we've now hung our new porch swing under the pergola, I have suddenly become a bit sentimental towards that old beat up glider.  It has provided us with many hours of relaxation.


Looking good!


So, Bill decided to get out his glue and clamps, and did some major repair work on the old thing.  Then he did some sanding.  I was rather surprised, it started looking pretty good.  We got out the linseed oil, and I put a good coat of it on the dry, parched wood.  Bill oiled all the metal working parts.  It's looking great!  I began looking for a new home for it, and I found one!




Making certain it's perfectly centered!


Here it is, the tired, old, dry and faded glider that we just couldn't throw away, renewed!  And, I love the spot we found in the corner of the yard, overlooking the garden, and facing toward the pergola, and the imaginary deck that I hope will soon appear!  A very peaceful spot, very fitting for a retiring glider!


A pretty view!

From both directions!

The moral of this story, think again before discarding something old.  There may be a lot more life in that old thing!

Carpe Diem! Lil and Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love reading your comments! Thanks for visiting!