Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Homemade Face Cleanser & Make-up Remover Pads!

Face Cleanser & Make-up Remover Pads!

This project has been one of my most difficult ones to do, well, except for shampoo, I haven't been able to master that one yet.  There's lots of formulas out there for wipes, but I wanted one that would actually make my face feel good and look good.  We've all gone to bed with our make-up on, or just without washing our face, because we're too tired to go through the whole big rigmarole.  So, these are your answer to that problem if you're tired of using the commercial ones that cost a fortune, and make your skin dry, or worse yet, make you break out as they do me.

These are made with your simple cotton pads, in a 4 oz. jar containing 15 pads soaked with a whole bunch of goodness for your skin like:


  1. Coconut Oil - The benefits of this oil can be attributed to its properties such as antimicrobial, antioxidant, anti-fungal, antibacterial and soothing properties.   It also delays wrinkles, and sagging of skin which normally become prominent with age. Coconut oil also helps in treating various skin problems including psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema and other skin infections.
  2. Baby Wash (just a couple drops) - gentle enough for baby, it's gentle enough for my face.
  3. Castor Oil - It can cure acne;  keep the skin looking smooth, youthful and unlined; it thickens eyelashes and eyebrows; it will remove moles and warts; removes age spots (liver spots); and breaks up external/internal scar tissue and prevents new scars.
  4. Aloe Vera Oil -Aloe Vera Oil is beneficial for cracked and dry skin; it can be used on the dry skin to make the skin normal and shiny; it acts as a natural barrier and shields your skin from dangerous toxins.
  5. Tea Tree Oil - Tea Tree Oil has so many anti-viral and anti-fungal benefits that the Australian army puts it in soldiers' first aid kits.  It can benefit ring worm and athlete's foot, cuts and scrapes, itching of insect bites and chicken pox, acne, warts, and softens corns.  One study found tea tree oil to be just as effective as benzoyl peroxide, but without the negative side effects like redness and peeling.
All goodness, very gentle and mild, and leaves your skin feeling clean and soft.  When I'm finished cleansing with both sides of the pad, I finish up with a dollop of my Homemade Face Moisturizer, and my skin is loving it!  You need to try these, you will love them!


Carpe Diem! Lil and Bill

I have discontinued this product and replaced it with a simpler, kinder formula:  Fractionated Coconut Oil and cotton pads!  It feels wonderful and is excellent for your eyes and surrounding tissue.

7 comments:

  1. These are great, they do the job well without leaving your skin feeling dry and tight like other cleansing pads I've tried. They remove my makeup easily, they are really convenient and actually leave my skin feeling soft. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle! I appreciate your comments. It's nice to know that others are enjoying these as much as I do! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I suffer from acne and want to try these cleaning pads. I was hoping you could give me the amount of each ingredient you used in yours so I have a good starting point. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katelynd,

    I don't claim that any of these products will cure acne, but I do know for certain that they are helping some with the symptoms.

    OK, you'll need an 8 oz. jelly jar, 30 or so cotton rounds for starters. Then start with 4 oz. of distilled water in a clean glass measuring cup. Add two heaping teaspoons of coconut oil, and heat for 30 seconds or so in the microwave, just long enough to melt the coconut oil. Add 6 drops of baby wash, 12 eye drops of castor oil, 1 teaspoon Aloe Vera Oil, and 12 eye drops of Tea Tree Oil. Thoroughly mix, then pour into jelly jar as you add the cotton rounds, about two at a time, until jar is full.

    As a side note, I am in the process of changing up the formula a bit. I want to make it better for removing mascara, so will be updating this post when I get it where I want it.

    Check out the following posts that I think may help you, I know they are working well for my teenage grandchildren that suffer with acne: Homemade Rejuvenating Facial Scrub, Homemade Goat Milk and Honey Soap, and Dewey Moisturizer with Aloe. Those three used together seem to be working very well.

    I do make these products to sell if you decide you don't want to make them for yourself.

    I'd be very interested to hear about your results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I'll keep you posted on how it works for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm glad you're enjoying the site. Come back and visit us again.

      Delete

We love reading your comments! Thanks for visiting!