Friday, October 25, 2013

Homemade Coconut and Turmeric Soap!

Homemade Coconut and Turmeric Soap!

When I look at these soaps, I immediately think of those Creamsicles that I used to love as a child.  I probably still do, but I deny myself the pleasures.  I shouldn't, life is short.  But getting back to this soap, it not only looks delicious, but it smells wonderful, too!  It is colored using Turmeric powder,the benefits of which I noted in my post Homemade Pumpkin Turmeric Aloe Olive Oil Soap.   Blood Orange and Citrus Basil essential oils make taking a bath or shower with these lovely big bars an enjoyable experience.  Sweet Almond Oil will lightly moisturize, leaving your skin feeling soft and smooth to the touch.



The base I used was Coconut melt and pour soap, then I added the turmeric powder to reach the desired color, I then added the sweet almond oil, and the essential oils.  It's a very easy soap to make, and it's pretty and luxurious.  Using one pound of the soap base, I made four good sized bars at around four ounces each.

Go ahead and give it a try, you'll never go back to commercial soap again!


Carpe Diem! Lil and Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love reading your comments! Thanks for visiting!