Saturday, October 27, 2012

Homemade Natural Deodorant, So Good For You!

Homemade Natural Deodorant

Let me say this before I begin praising this product.  It is a deodorant, not an antiperspirant. Remember that sweating, while sometimes inconvenient, is natural! It is your body's way of releasing toxins and impurities, and it is our bodies cooling mechanism . So you can imagine what happens when you force those toxins to stay inside with the use of an antiperspirant. Links have been found between the aluminum in antiperspirants and Alzheimer's disease and even breast cancer. The other ingredient in commercial deodorants that really gets me is propylene glycol, which is also the main agent in antifreeze.  Hello!  Do you really want to put antifreeze on the largest organ in your body, your skin?

This Homemade Natural Deodorant is made with coconut oil, baking soda, and arrowroot powder.  Also included are a few essential oils that provide antibacterial support.  These are Lemongrass, Litsea Cubeba, and Bergamot essential oils.  They have a very mild, lemon fragrance that shouldn't interfere with any fragrances you wish to use, it's a very clean fragrance.  I've praised the properties of coconut oil in other product posts, and in this application, the coconut oil is used as an anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and moisturizer to the skin.   The lauric acid in coconut oil kills odor-causing bacteria. The coconut oil fragrance is very light, and it has never stained our clothes.  The baking soda absorbs odors and the arrowroot powder absorbs wetness.  My husband and I have been using this formula for months now, and we both are extremely happy with it.

Give it a try, you will love it, I promise!

Carpe diem! Lil and Bill

4 comments:

  1. This stuff really works and looks like it will last a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Another endorsement! So glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried the otc non-aluminum deodorants and crystals but I never really found one that I really liked until now. This really works, feels great and doesn't leave any stains. The fact that it is good for me too is a wonderful plus! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Another believer. Michelle, I'm so happy you like it!

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments! Thanks for visiting!